This is one of the most commonly asked questions today. The answer lies within the name of the product itself. Glutamine supplement, obviously, it is a product/supplement that increases the glutamine content in the user’s body. Now, the real question is not what glutamine supplement is, it is why glutamine supplement is important and why to consume it. To, answer this question, we should start with the basic question,
What is Glutamine?
Glutamine also is known as L-glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the human body. It could be found in the blood and the muscle cells. Experts have classified glutamine as a conditionally essential amino acid. Glutamine is produced by the body for metabolic needs, hence classified as “conditionally essential amino acid”.
What does glutamine do?
Glutamine has several functions in the body. They play a major role in supporting the immune system, neurological activity, muscle protein synthesis, insulin secretion, and maintain gastrointestinal integrity. Experts have found that glutamine supplied almost 30% nitrogen to the muscles to synthesize proteins. The synthesis of protein and maintain high nitrogen balance prevents the muscle from breaking down. Which, in turn, results in more muscle, that equates to a leaner body, a leaner body means no excess fat. Therefore, in general, glutamine helps in reducing overall body fat.
If the body produces glutamine why take a glutamine supplement?
This is where the importance of what is glutamine supplement really comes into effect. There are certain situations or circumstances when the body cannot produce an adequate amount of glutamine. At such conditions, the lack of glutamine could lead to health issues and damage to the body. This is when the glutamine supplement should be consumed. Consumption of glutamine supplements at such circumstances would make glutamine available for the body to satisfy the requirement.
Uses and benefits of glutamine supplement –
- Glutamine as already mentioned above is a very essential thing for the efficient synthesis of proteins. The nitrogen from the glutamine helps in the synthesis of protein, which in turn prevents the muscles from being catabolized. If you are doing some intense work without adequate glutamine in your body, your muscles would be catabolized to provide glutamine to other cells in the body. Consumption of glutamine supplements would avoid such issues.
- Consumption of glutamine supplements provides the body with adequate glutamine to burn and synthesize protein during an intense workout. Which, would result is better and bigger muscles.
- Consuming glutamine supplements could boost the immune system. Intense workouts commonly deplete glutamine levels in the body, but, consumption of glutamine supplements would keep the glutamine level balanced. This, in turn, would be used as the energy source for the immune system.
- Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for maintaining intestinal activity. Consumption of glutamine supplements could help maintain gastrointestinal integrity while intense workout or any health issues.
- While there are no proofs, consuming glutamine supplements could increase the fat burning by increasing the secretion of HGH (Human growth hormone).
All these benefits could be enjoyed only if the user consumes the glutamine supplement in the right way. Consuming glutamine supplements too much, even when the body does not need it, could lead to health issues.